The International Association of Technical English Trainers (IATET) is an international organization which aims to raise the quality of English for technical purposes.
As an organization of independent teachers, trainers and coaches in association with schools (secondary and post-secondary education), companies, and commercial training organizations, IATET plans to develop and promote principles, methods, and practices for the training of technical communication in English.
Our aim is to raise the standards in the field of teaching English for technical purposes with a focus on such matters as development of internationally-recognized examinations for students as well as teacher training. The emphasis is very much on an international-oriented association and not just a European-only focus.
Good reasons to join IATET:
- Networking and support – meet like-minded professionals to share and develop ideas
- Shape our future by getting involved in advisory groups to determine the future of IATET
- Get expert help and advice you need when you need it
- Take responsibility for your own professional development
- Become part of the subject community of like-minded members
- Advertising for own services
- Job opportunities
- Members-only workshops
- Enhance your reputation and keep ahead of competitors
- Members-only access on website for materials and resources
- Increase awareness of the subject, its direction and the opportunities
- Save time – keep up-to-date with key issues, resources and ideas
- Save money with discounts on publications, design magazines, accreditations and events
IATET website: www.iatet.com